Tough Penalties for Child Predators Petition
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has heard the cries of a nation agreeing “we must do even more to protect our children”. He announced in his throne speech to bring legislation to increase penalties on child predators.
We the undersigned agree that the Prime Minister should pass laws to:
- Eliminate sentencing discounts for child sex offenders.
- Eradicate automatic early release for serious repeat offenders.
- Make a life sentence means a sentence for life for the most dangerous predators.
- Ensure tougher sentences for child pornography.
- Establish a publicly accessible national database of high-risk child sex offenders.
We therefore appeal to all Members of Parliament including the Prime Minister to do their best to make these initiatives law.